Once a British Crown Colony, now independent, the Caribbean island of Grenada has long been known as the ‘Spice Basket of the Caribbean' – an apt title since it is one of the world’s largest producers of spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon and cocoa.
Shopping is an important itinerary in any honeymoon. Couples can check out the numerous shops in the Market Square or pay a visit to Art Fabrik, a specialty shop. Besides shopping, dining is also an important part in any vacations. One can check out the numerous restaurants of the country and go for a romantic candle light dinner.
Wander the historic waterfront district of Carenage, flanked with bars, restaurants and shops selling duty free goods and locally made handicrafts. Visit the 18th century Anglican Church, ponder the underground cells and subterranean passages of historic Fort George, built by the French and guarding the entrance to the bay, then drive up to Richmond Hill to Fort Frederick for panoramic views over the harbour.
What You'll Need To Do To Get Married in Grenada
In order to get a marriage license, you need to be a resident of the island for at least three days.
The government of Grenada does allow these days to occur on weekends or holidays, to accommodate today's busy lifestyles.
Make sure you plan to arrive in Grenada at least three days ahead of schedule so you can get your license.
|Waterfalls In Grenada|
You'll need to apply for your license at the office of the Prime Minister.
You'll need to pay for the stamp duty and the license fees while you are there. It can take up to two days to complete the entire process.
Please keep in mind that if you have been divorced, the process may take a little longer. This is due to the fact that the documents will need to pass through the Ministry of Legal Affairs before the license can be issued.
Romantic Activities During Your Grenada Honeymoon
1. Take a trip over to the paradise known as Sandy Island. You’ll travel with a local fisherman who will cook you lunch whilst you snorkel over the pretty reef looking at an amazing variety of tropical fish.
2. Snorkel above coral gardens at White Island Marine Park, scuba dive off Molinière Reef and night dive the wreck of the luxury liner Bianca-C, one of the Caribbean's largest ship wrecks, teeming with colourful fish and sea turtles. Charter a bareboat yacht to explore the surrounding coastline and the Grenadines or join the Port Louis Grenada Sailing Festival in late January.
|Diving In Grenada|
3. Stay at the pretty Petite Anse Hotel and enjoy being served a private dinner for two on your own terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
4. Discover historical artefacts in the Granada National Museum and get an insight into the local spice industry as workers sort raw nutmeg at the Gouyave Nutmeg Processing Cooperative.
5. If you’re feeling adventurous you could take a trip to one of Grenada’s crystal clear waterfalls include the Concorde Falls and the Annandale Falls or visit the beautiful Grenadian forests. Also, you can go to Mount Carmel and hire a guide to walk with you and help you over any tricky rocks or hills.
6. Spy orange- and yellow-hued pools of boiling sulphur around the River Sallee, located north of Lake Antoine on the northeast of the island.
Grenada also incorporates two smaller islands that make for perfect day trips or extended stays. Carriacou is home to the stunning Anse La Roche Beach, several idyllic offshore islands and the fascinating Carriacou Museum in Hillsborough, which features several fascinating Amerindian and European artefacts such as Empress Joséphine's childhood bathtub. The tiny and unspoiled Petit Martinique is probably best visited on a yacht charter.
Honeymoon in Grenada is an affair worth experiencing. The country with its exotic charm and beauty is a great place to go for a romantic honeymoon vacation.
Biarritz Honeymoon: A Royal Resort In France
Barcelona Honeymoon - A Perfect Honeymoon Destination In Spain
Lanai Honeymoon: Hawaii's most secluded island
Trinidad and Tobago Honeymoon: Two Islands of Lesser Antilles
Indianapolis Honeymoon: The Largest City In Indiana, U.S.
Romantic Getaways: Grenada Honeymoon: An Unforgettable Honeymoon In Caribbean - Grenada